Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting all my ducks in a row.

First of all, I would like to thank my wife Tina, who, with her amazing patience,  have put up with me all these years.  She has supported this idea from a crazy whim to a well planned trip of a lifetime.  I'm lucky to have her as my wife.

The Plan:
I've managed to get 6 weeks off from work so travelling from BC to Newfoundland was going to be no more than a marathon ride.  Sooo, I'm going to cheat a bit, ship my bike to Moncton, New Brunswick, fly for free on the company flights and start my journey from the Maritimes and work my way back.  I'll start, as I said, in New Brunswick, head over to PEI, up to Nova Scotia, do the Cabot Trail then catch the ferry to Newfoundland.  I'll then head back to Quebec, possibly dip down to the States then meet Tina in Montreal.  I'll spend a week with Tina touring around Quebec in a rental car.  Although Tina supports my motorcycle habit, riding on the back of a bike for a week isn't her idea of a holiday.  From there, I'll start heading back home hitting all the Provinces. 

Why "The Sunrise to Sunset Tour" title:
I'll get up early, head to the farthest point east in Canada,  Cape Spear just near St John's Nfld, and be the first to see the sunrise in North America.  Then head west and watch the sunset in Tofino, British Columbia.  Although Tofino isn't the farthest point west in Canada, I wanted to get to the Pacific Ocean for the sunset and besides, it's a really cool place!  Incidentally, I have rode to the farthest point west in Canada one can ride; Beaver Creek, Yukon. 

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Howard - such an AMAZING adventure you have started on!!!

    Shell & Tom

    ReplyDelete