Monday, August 05, 2013

Lake Superior

h


Todays ride took me from Manitoulin Island, past Sault Ste. Marie to Wawa, home of many of the worlds largest geese, for some reason which I haven't yet discovered. There was no way I was going to make it to Thunder Bay.  It's a bloody long ways!  Wawa is only half way from Manitoulin Island.

 
The morning ride to The Soo was pretty boring skirting along Lake Huron with only a few glimpses.  It was in the afternoon when the scenery picked up. The highway took a turn north along the eastern shores of Lake Superior.  Every time I say "Lake Superior" it puts me in mind of a great Gordon Lightfoot song.  Hopefully tomorrows ride will give me lots of vistas of "Gitchi Gummi".
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Howard, IF you are planning to go thru Thunderbay, and IF you have the time, head for Kekabecka??? (not sure of spelling) falls. Beautiful scenery and beautiful fall ( well not quite as nice as Niagra, but - gonna go thru there as well??? Enjoying the pictures, keep them coming.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete