Monday, August 12, 2013

Last Day (This Portion)

 

I took the hwy 1A, the backway into Canmore, about 20 kms. I had an opportunity to check out some of the damage done by the floods earlier in the summer. The province has done an amazing job of opening up washed out bridges and cleaning up trees that had swept down. 

With the sole intention of getting home asap, one again I was forced to take the TCH.  What a nightmare.  Lines of cars as far as you can see.  What is it with drivers who do under the speed limit on a 2 lane stretch only to come across a passing lane then speed up to 140!  That pisses me off to no end!!  The drive was frustrating, annoying and aggravating albeit the most scenic.  I rolled into Vernon around 2, very hot and tired.  Good to be home.

Unfortunately, I really haven't completed the point of the trip, that is to go from coast to coast.  Although I had enough time to make it to Tofino, I needed to spend some of my remaining days off doing much needed chores around the house and more importantly, spend time with Tina.  The "bee-sting" in my neck was also getting worse and worse.  The motorcycle was up to its old tricks again by not starting.  I'm thinking its got something to do with the hot temperatures as it started not starting again as soon as I hit the hot temps in the Okanagan. 

I will, early in the 2014 riding season, complete my trip and head west to catch a sunset in Tofino. 

1 comment:

  1. Once again .... great Blog entries Howard - we have chuckled many a time. Tom totally relates to your frustrating, annoying and aggravating drivers on the roads these days !! Shell

    ReplyDelete