Sunday, August 04, 2013

The Long Haul Across Ontario

Saturday I said goodbye to Tina in Montreal after a week in Quebec.  I dropped off the rental car and picked up the bike from the Avis compound and it was then that I realized I'd left my motorcycle seat cover in the Delta Hotel in Montreal.  Sooo, back I went hopefully to retrieve it.  This time I was successful.  They had it and also had put the charger for my tablet in the same bag.  So now I have two. 

I've chosen what I think is a fairly direct route across Ontario while trying to avoid the major highways.  So far my route has be through Ottawa, Algonquin Provincial Park, Huntsville (the Muskoka's), Parry Sound (home of Bobby Orr), Sudbury (home of the world's largest nickel) and now to Manitoulin Island where I'm camping at Batman's Family Campground.  This being the August long weekend, camping spots are in short supply but they did manage to squeeze me in.  I've set up camp on the kids playground; not close by, but on it!  Hopefully it will quiet down later on.


I'm using a weak wifi signal here at the campground which doesn't allow me to download pictures.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll find a café and get some pictures happening. 

I feel that my adventure is over and now it's just a question on hoofing it across country.  I haven't taken many pictures in the last couple of days and I have to change that.  I get in these grooves that I get focused on reaching a destination that I don't stop and smell the roses.  Tomorrow I hope to make it to Thunder Bay and do an oil change on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment