Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Decisions decisions

Yesterday I had the plan to ride from Cape Breton to Digby so I could catch the 8am ferry over to St John, New Brunswick.  I didn't make it that far.  Around 2, the skies opened up, I mean really opened up and before I could stop and put on my rain gear, I was soaked.  Fortunately, it was quite warm so even though I was thoroughly drenched, I wasn't cold.  So I kept on riding.  The route I chose, Hwy 215 from Truro to Windsor, would've been a wonderful road if the sun was shining, but wasn't the best choice, in the rain, as a fast way to Digby.  I had to stop along the way a number of times to ask directions but eventually found my way to the main highway still hours away from my intended destination.  Once again, I gave up.  The lure of a Super 8 was too much.  I dripped my way to my room and proceeded to scatter my wet clothes all over the place.  The heater/ac unit came in real handy. 

I've got 4 more days of riding before I meet Tina in Montreal.  The weather forecast is not looking good calling for rain everyday.  I could swing down to Halifax and kill a day or start slowly heading across New Brunswick.  Either way, it's going to be a wet ride.  I had planned to do a lot more camping but setting up and tearing down my camping stuff is no fun in the pouring rain.  Motorhomes are looking pretty good right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes....I can't believe how much rain you have had ....who would have thought?? Awesome you have had co-workers to visit...including the dog !!

    ReplyDelete