Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The point of the title.

Before I went to George St. I took a practice ride out to Cape Spear.  Just so I wouldn't get lost.  So when I got up at 4:30, I was feeling confident that I could get dressed, push the bike down the lane so I wouldn't wake up the campground, and make it to sunrise which was at 5:22.  It seems that there isn't a straight road in the city.  It's very hilly and no chance of having any parallel roads.  Somehow, even with the help of my now not-so trusty GPS, I got lost and ended up on a highway out-of-town.  The only way I saw out of this mess was to take a U-turn where I wasn't supposed to.  Luckily, as it turned out, the only other car on the road at that time of the morning, was a cop, who proceeded to pull me over. He was a bit perplexed as to why a motorcycle from BC is tearing around the highway at that time of the morning.  After a quick explanation and pointing to the ever increasing light in the sky, he told me to follow him to the entrance of the road to Cape Spear. An appreciative wave and I was finally headed in the right direction.  I'm sure that will be a story for the boys at Timmy's later on that morning. 

I did make it in time and fired off dozens of photo's.  Here's a few:



No comments:

Post a Comment