Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Trinity, Newfoundland

Leaving St.John's around 10:00, I headed for the Bonavista Peninsula to visit the picturesque village of Trinity arriving around 2:00.  With no campgrounds in the area, I needed to find something else.  In a gift gallery, I asked the shop owner if they know any motels in the area.  It just so happened that an owner of a local B&B, www.therollinghills.com was in the shop and had one room left.  Apparently, there are no motels, just B&B's. First time I've ever stayed in one.


 
Of the four rooms, I got the smallest but it does have a private bathroom. 
 



Trinity




Local Laundromat



 
Very nice experience as a first time B&Ber.  Sat and chatted with the owner Ed and the other 3 couples, all from the Toronto area.  For breakfast, Marg made a ham & cheese omelet with fresh fruit and all the coffee I could drink.  Unfortunately, it rained all night but stopped just long enough to allow me to pack up the bike and get my hopes up for the day.  Didn't get far down the road when the sky's opened up and hasn't stopped yet.  The combo of chilly temperatures, driving rain and a very brisk wind forced me to call it a day in Gander around 2pm.  I was hoping to make it to Twillingate. 
Hosts Marg and Ed sporting two "Ugly Sticks".  They're musical instruments.  Those are beer caps nailed to the stick for enhanced tonal quality

Marg was keen to ride away with me.

1 comment: