Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Montreal

Saturday July 27, 2013

I managed to get the motorcycle going by cleaning the battery and lubricating the switch that prevents the bike from taking off if the kickstand is down.  I decided to hit the AutoRoute and head straight into a Honda dealer in Montreal.  I plugged in the address into my somewhat trusty GPS and set out.  What a nerve-racking experience driving in a city you don't know with signs you can't read. After a few wrong turns, I found the dealer.  Yeah!  But it's closed on Saturday!!  Seriously?  I wasn't about to go looking for another dealer so I decided to head to the hotel; Delta Centre-Ville. 

I got settled in around 2 but Tina wouldn't be arriving until 7:30 so I set off to scope out the neighborhood.  For some reason I was immediately drawn to the Bell Centre, home of the Montreal Canadiens.  Without Tina with me, what a great opportunity to see the Habs "Hall of Fame".  She would have been bored, the same way I am when she drags me into shops. 


A bit of my past.  I lived in Montreal, actually in the suburb of St Lambert,  from the age of 5 to 13.  I idolized the Canadiens so visiting this shrine brought back memories.   
 
After the tour, I was getting a bit peckish.  What luck, a huge bar and grill in the Bell Centre dedicated to the Habs.  Great meal!  Not sure what I had but it tasted as good as it looked in the menu picture.  Also a beer to wash it down.  Maybe two since Tina won't be here for hours.  Time to roll on so when the waitress asked, what I thought was "would you like your bill?" and I answered yes, what she really asked was if I wanted another.  I then wandered back to the hotel for a nap.



 As for the motorcycle, I'm thinkin that a few days ignoring it in an underground parkade will do it good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment