Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Newfoundland!

 
 
My first destination was St. John's.  What a difference a day makes.  When I got on the ferry in Nova Scotia, it was over 30 c but as I rode off, thinking it would be warm, I had to make a quick pit stop to bundle up.  The temperature there had dropped overnight to 14 c at noon!  It took about 2 hours to ride to St. John's and with my trusty GPS by my side, headed straight to Pippy Park Campground situated right in the middle of the city.  Except for the constant drone of the city, you would think you're in a secluded park in the country. 

After I set up my tent, I grabbed a cab and headed down to George St.  The cabbie suggested Kelly's Pub who, in his opinion, has the best fish and chips in the city.  Who am I to argue.
Sooo, After a few beers and a plate of, quite tasty, fish and chips, I wandered around a while and headed it back.  My plan was to get up at 4:30 and see the sunrise so I couldn't be too late.  (I'm too sensible for my own good sometimes)

No comments:

Post a Comment