Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Best Laid Plans....

Peggy's Cove
Yesterday's forecast for today looked pretty bleak.  It was calling for heavy rain and thunderstorms.  I decided not to continue my plans to catch the ferry to St. John.  After consulting Google Maps, I noticed that Halifax was only 40 minutes away.  The skies looked threatening, so I put on my rain gear ahead of time and head out.  As I approached Halifax, the skies got very gray. It turned out not to be rain but thick fog.  A real pea-souper!  I saw a sign for Peggy's Cove although I'd been there before when Mallory played in the Canada Winter Games.  Due to very windy conditions, the fog wasn't too bad when I got there. 

More Peggy's Cove

Cool bus at Peggy's Cove.  Prevost H3-60.
 
 
I drove around Halifax a bit then decided to start heading my back to Moncton.  It turned out to be a very nice riding day despite the forecast.  Wanda's daughter Sarah offered to put me up for the night in Moncton even though she's still up north working.  It's just me and their dog Mack.
 

1 comment:

  1. what a great trip to peggy's cove was the first time we went to Halifax. im glad you were able to see it again daddy!!
    -Mallory

    ReplyDelete